Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Pavakka(Bitter Gourd) Stir Fry

Here I come after a long gap!!!!New Year wishes to all my followers!!!!Got really busy with my folks around and had a great time with my mommy cooking all my favourite recipes for us!!Sad that they are returning to God's own country within a couple of days!!!Here is a recipe from my mom 'Bitter Gourd Fry'.Frankly I do not like any other ways of bitter gourd praparation only because of its bitterness.This preparation doesn't taste bitter at all...So guys try out this if interested!!!!!


Ingrediants
Bitter Gourd-2
Red chilly pwd-2 tsp
Turmeric pwd-1 tsp
Cumin pwd-1 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala-1 tsp
Rice pwd-2 Tbs
Asofoetida-pinch
Salt and oil as required.


Method
First cut the bitter gourd in semicircle after removing the seeds
Sprinkle salt and keep for 1 hr
Squeeze out the moisture completely from the bitter gourd
Add all the masalas and mix well and keep for sometime
Heat oil in a kadai and deep fry bitter gourd

PS:Try to buy the green bitter gourds which are less bitter than the white ones.

 
Goes well with rice n rotis.

1 comment: