Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Amma's Mutton Roast

My hubby and I are not mutton lovers.But I remember my amma cooking this delicious mutton roast on special occasions @ home.Its the one you would drool over, in those Nadan hotel's.I have recently taken this recipe from my amma n this one is for you mom!!!!!!


Ingrediants
Mutton-1/2 kilo
Shallots(small onion)-1/4 kilo
Big Onion-3 sliced
Tomato-1
Ginger garlic paste-3 tsp
Spices-Elachi-2/Cinnamon-1/cloves-3
Turmeric pwd-1/2 tsp
Chilly pwd-3 Tbs
Meat Masala-2 Tbs
Curry leaves-3 strings
Salt as required


Method
Pressure cook mutton,ginger garlic paste 2 tsp,shallots,turmeric pwd,salt and 3 Tbs of water for 15 minutes.
In another Kadai heat coconut oil and add the spices followed onions.
Once the onions turn slightly brown add tomato and ginger garlic paste.
Now add the chilly pwd,meat masala pwd and salt
Add curry leaves and roast till the desired dryness and color are obtained.


You will surely eat a plateful!!!

7 comments:

  1. Thankyou so much.. This is a wonderful dish

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love mutton more than chicken.. and this dish is extremely tasty... with chappathi.. Adipoli! I am going to try this coming weekend..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please let me know the feedback once u try it out..Thank u very much Krishnan..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me ask sorry first..Sorry for late reply dear!! i didn't notice ur comments in my blog..now i was just going through all my recipe saw your comments..Thanks for stopping by kothiyavunu and lending me to ur lovely space with yummy recipes...Loved all ur recipes..:)

    Mutton roast looks awesome & spicy..Love to have it rite now...amma's always amazes us by giving such great wonderful recipes, rt ?
    hope to c u around more often..Keep in touch.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you very much buddy..You blog is really an inspiration for beginners like us...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried this receipe and it came out really well and tasted awesome
    thank you so much for the receipe keep posting more of these recepes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mutton Roast --- really sounds very simple & I am sure its gonna be Yumm too..
    I will try this soon..
    I was thinking about adding little tangy flavor to it, but then I found out tomatoes have been used to it.. Cool..

    ReplyDelete